School holidays just started, so here are our 2019 picks and highlights for Easter activities for kids in London and around. Cultured Easter egg hunt London and nearby, teas and brunches, museums and latest exhibitions, London as usual is spoiling us!
Our favourite mischievous Easter character and London theatre ?
1. Theatre Royal Haymarket is hosting Peter Rabbit live royally and delightfully, with beautifully handicrafted puppets, enchanting songs and a sprinkle of magic. We were delighted to be invited to the show – adults in awe with Haymarket setting and transported by fluffy nostalgia, the kids mesmerized by the stories. Performances from April 5th to 28th – Where is Peter Rabbit is the perfect cultured Easter treat!
Our favourites cultured Easter egg hunts?
2. Kensington Palace starts the Easter egg hunts on March 30th in its glorious gardens. Iconic and surrounded by beautifully groomed greenery, we are so delighted to call it our hood. Our dedicated post in here; for Easter 2019 meet Queen Mary II, with drop-in sessions and family activities exploring her story and offering visitors the opportunity to create paper Chinese vases to add to her precious collection.
3. Hampton court and gardens. The magic gardens are re-opening on March 30th – this has been a favourite of our Easter activities for kids in London over the years. Our dedicated post in here, there’s also a lot of Easter fun planned, including a chocolate bunny hunt.
Our recommended countryside Easter bunnies ?
4. Easter Eggstravaganza at Willows Activity Farm. My eldest and his friends just love this place, we can’t recommend warmly enough. Peter Rabbit playground is just fabulous and the Easter Eggstravaganza is packed with fabulous activities, including egg hunts, arts and crafts and even sublime science shows! Zenbabytravel and Willows Activity Farm team offered in the past complimentary family tickets and we’ve been even invited to Peter Rabbit birthday celebrations – wicked!
5. Audley End Fairy Walk and Miniature Railway – a gorgeous day trip about 1.5 hour drive from Kensington but well worth it! Full impressions in here.
Our favourite kids friendly funky afternoon tea?
6. Take a tumble down the Easter rabbit hole at Sanderson! Dainty sweet and savoury treats, raspberry and chocolate Easter Egg cake approved by the White Rabbit himself. My son loved the treats and loved Sanderson cool facilities : pool, funky elevators with planets and solar system within, the ball swing, retro phone and funky chair and the bars.
Kids friendly brunches?
7. Decadent bottomless Easter brunches with legendary rare breed steaks or an irresistibly fresh sushi and sashimi with Gordon Ramsey at the Maze Grill Mayfair or Chelsea.
8. V&A has the usual fabulous pop-up Performances on Saturdays, play and learning through trails and activity backpacks. We are regular guests at week-end, check out their Easter programme in here.
For further inspiration on day trips from London within an hour drive, check our dedicated post in here. If time is shorter, our picks for 30min drive from Kensington in here. And if you prefer to stick to London, our collection of kids friendly museum outside South Ken is in here.
Happy Easter school holidays & planning all, to many zen Easter activities for kids in London and around!