London lifestyle & travels with kids and babies
From the laid back chic Soros Beach Club on Antiparos, to the tranquillity of Santa Maria, whether you favour beach bars with loud music like Punda Beach, zen sunsets by Zazala, cute golfs with exquisite food and watersports like Farangas or tiny bays with a nearby shady beachside taverna like Christiana, here are the best beach clubs in Paros and Antiparos we enjoyed over a week: sandy spots, restaurants, bars, chill out and party places for all tastes.
Paros party highlights sit surely by Naoussa amidst lots of wining, dining, drinking, dancing, with crowds from all over the world, dare I say even more fun loving than Mykonos ?! There are cafe-bars, lounge bars, sunset restaurants, bars with live music, dance clubs; classical, jazz, blues to mainstream, rock and traditional Greek, one can truly have it all!
1. The cosmopolitan village of Naoussa will dazzle you with options! We loved The Deck for sunset and sophisticated dinner by Chef Yiannis Lucacos, sitting above the pretty beach gulf of Naoussa; Salty and Barbarossa for drinks and dancing by the sea; Safran for Greek island cuisine by whitewashed cobbled streets with vibrant flowers; Moraitis for glorious local wines and winetasting; Stilvi for dinner with a twist from Chef Ioannis Parikos within the cutest courtyard.
2. A short 10 minutes drive from Naoussa, ASPRO Seaside is great for lunches, aperol by the sea or beach bar with full facilities, kids and friends all agreed. There is small sandy beach and nearby fishing boats and some more delicious fish taverns; ultimately, Ambelas is a good break from the crowds and business of Naoussa.
A further 3 minutes walk from Aspro, there is Christiana, a cute ouzo tavern by the sea and nearby its little unserviced little gulf. And whilst one may ove the unspoilt nature, crystal clear sea and gorgeous views to Naxos, we were rather baffled by the trash randomly present and how unkept Paros unserviced beaches are! One truly best stick to Paros beach clubs and beach bars, we have briefly concluded in our first day and talking to friends.
3. Friends raved about SANTA MARIA beach and Little Santa Maria on the north-east coast of Paros : powdery sand, crystal sea, windsurfing and kite surfing. Also 10 minutes drives from Naoussa, we found them a bit too crowded and not that clean, but we liked sunset by Siparos. Bearing the tales of mistral winds that Venetian ships were carrying in the past, Siparos has a lovely sea setting and Mediteranean cuisine with a twist.
4. But 2 of our favourites beach bars in Paros are though further 20minutes drive from Naoussa: Zazala on Parasporos beach is fabulous to spend the full day to sunset and could be paired with an evening in Parikia or simply a day where you catch the ferry from Parikia to Mykonos, Naxos or some further island hopping.
And whilst Zazala has great snacks and drinks, we opted for lunch at Parasporos Tavern for lunch, a hearty lunch with aubergines, Greek salad, souvlaki and saganaki.
5. Faragas beach bar must be our second favourite in Paros, a bit further though, 30 minutes from Naoussa and 20 minutes away from Parikia on the south coast. Small bay overlooking Sikinos island, Faragas beach bar felt authentique and fun and makes a wonderful beach day or afternoon.
6. Punda Beach Club if you are after lounges, a pool, restaurant and seaside party. We found the swimming great in here and lunch easy and yum.
7. CABANA beach club close to Parikia town, great cocktails, snacks, fresh juices appetizers and music.
8. Parikia, not just Paros island’s capital but home to charming laneways and epic sunsets. We loved strolling on its streets, picking up figs, cuddling cats and sipping gaspacho and rose in Daphne’s beautiful courtyard.
9. But best of Paros beach clubs are actually on Antiparos, a 10 minutes ferry away, running every 30 minutes. The Beach House sits beautifully by the cove of Apantima, one of island’s best sheltered beach. It’s fun, chilled and cosmopolitan, the kids adored it.
10. We saved the best for the last, the SOROS Beach Club on Antiparos is a must: a quiet long stretch of shore, fun chillout area and lots of gastronomic Japanese-Mediterranean fusion treats, saxophone and DJ, the lounge is vibrant .
We stayed at Stagones luxury villas in Abelas sea side fisherman village, just 10 minutes drive from Naoussa. August is a busy time for Paros and if one has the flexibility, May, June and September are gentler on the budget and chilling in absence of the crowds.
We paired Paros holidays with hedonistic Mykonos – just like last year, we couldn’t get enough of these gem islands, the highlight of our summer ! Read all about in here about our favourite beach and party spots in Mykonos, or best of Greeks island hopping, check out Santorini and Elounda beach in Crete !